The Light of Christ



"How precious is your steadfast love, O God! 
The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings. 
They feast on the abundance of your house, 
and you give them drink from the river of your delights.
For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light."
-Psalm 37:7-9 (emphasis mine)

     How like those flowers we are! A glimmer of color and light in a dark and otherwise colorless world. Just as the flowers gain their strength from underground sources that we cannot see;         so we gain our strength from the Lord, our fountain of life  - whom the world cannot see.         And as the flowers stand out for their brilliance and contrast to the world around them; so we also stand out in the eyes of the world for our brilliance which comes from Christ and our contrast  - because Jesus changed our lives - to the people of the world. I encourage you to "let your light so shine."

Comments

  1. Great verses!:) What a light we can be to the world.:)
    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great verses, Holly! One of my favorite verses is: Matthew 5:14-16.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, and always welcome your insight, thoughts, and encouragement! :)

If you are a commenter (anonymous or otherwise) leaving what I deem to be an instigating, incorrect, or controversial comment, please know that I may or may not publish that comment. Thank you for understanding.

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." [Psalm 19:14]