Welcome Autumn!


It is officially Autumn! One of the most wonderful times of the year....for me :)
I am looking forward to this chilly season and all the wonderful things that accompany it so much! Time to pull out scarves and hats, get the fire going and sip some hot apple cider! Yes, also time to go play some disc golf ;) 


On a more thoughtful note: 

"All flesh is grass,
and all its beauty is like the flower of the field.
The grass withers, the flower fades
when the breath of the LORD blows on it;
surely the people are grass. The grass withers, the flower fades,
but the word of our God will stand forever."
-Isaiah 40:6-8

Isaiah 40 is my favorite chapter in the Bible. Not only does it contain my favorite Bible verses, the imagery that is used really brings out certain concepts. I think about the above verses whenever I look out upon the changing Autumn scenery. The grass truly does wither and the flower does fade, but how sweet to know that the word of our God will stand forever! Through memorization we can hide so many chapters and verses in our hearts as Psalm 119:11 says; 

"I have stored up your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you." 

The more you memorize the more you can, and through that, we can cause the word of God to stand forever in our hearts even when the winds of time and change blow against us.

Comments

  1. Great pictures.:) I love fall. See you Sunday!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, are you coming to church this Sunday? If so, I look forward to seeing you :)

      Delete
    2. Eliza, No, we are going to Kings Canyon Christian Assembly (http://www.sermonaudio.com/kcca).:) We are seeing the Shaw's after church.:) Lord willing we will see you all soon.

      Delete
  2. Pretty pictures Holly! My favorite season is summer, but you're getting me excited about the very few cold months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pics, Holly! I'm looking forward to a great autumn. I miss you guys. Praying for you all always! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, and always welcome your insight, thoughts, and encouragement! :)

If you are a commenter (anonymous or otherwise) leaving what I deem to be an instigating, incorrect, or controversial comment, please know that I may or may not publish that comment. Thank you for understanding.

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." [Psalm 19:14]