Presidential Fun Facts + Quote

For our business, Character Writing Worksheets, I put in l-o-n-g hours last week....48hrs 28min to be exact. Mostly working on the 44 Presidents Workbooks. As I worked on those my knowledge about our Presidents increased immensely and I found out lots of fun facts! Since I haven't posted anything in a while, I thought I'd share my favorites :)

--During most of Andrew Johnson's life he made his own clothes, and while governor of Tennessee he complimented the governor of Kentucky by making a suit for him.

--Quote by Abraham Lincoln: "Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right."

--As president, Ulysses Grant received a speeding ticket by a police officer who failed to recognize him. He was fined for driving his horse too fast through the streets of D.C. 

(The last one is my absolute favorite :-))

Comments

  1. How cool, Holly! Great quotes and story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat! Did you know: Herbert Clark Hoover (1874-1964) gave his White House servants strict orders to hide from him whenever he passed by. Those who failed to do so were at risk of being fired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really neat!:) The last one is my favorite too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha... The last one is very funny! LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, and always welcome your insight, thoughts, and encouragement! :)

If you are a commenter (anonymous or otherwise) leaving what I deem to be an instigating, incorrect, or controversial comment, please know that I may or may not publish that comment. Thank you for understanding.

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." [Psalm 19:14]