Mowing in the Bible?

There is nothing new under the sun, right? I came across these verses today and thought it was interesting that the word, mow, is used. I wonder what they mowed with back then....a scythe?

James 5:4
"Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts."
Psalm 72:6
"May he be like rain that falls on the mown grass, like showers that water the earth!"

Comments

  1. Do you have to buy Photoshop Action?? Probably, but I was kind of hoping I could move up a little from the world of Picasa...without the price!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you don't. There are a lot of free ones that you can find online....that's where I got mine from :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, they did use a scythe, and it took a very long time, unless there was a row of men walking abreast as a group. Hard work! Grandpa used a scythe as a young man living in Iowa, he can tell you!
    Love, Grama

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, and always welcome your insight, thoughts, and encouragement! :)

If you are a commenter (anonymous or otherwise) leaving what I deem to be an instigating, incorrect, or controversial comment, please know that I may or may not publish that comment. Thank you for understanding.

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." [Psalm 19:14]