Church Beach Camping Trip 2012

Last week our family, along with many other families, went on the 1st semi-annual church beach camping trip. A week filled with food, fun and fellowship! Plus lots of activities that included volleyball, football, ultimate frisbee, ultimate football, tug of wars, bucket brigade, relay races, and boogie boarding. There were also science experiments, evenings around the campfire, Bible reading/discussions in the morning, brain games, s'mores, group dinners, a sunset walk, Pismo yogurt, and a host of other things that come with camping! The Wales, Welch, Keulen and Kerr families also joined us for a few of the days which was awesome! Here is a mini web album of pictures. I didn't take to many pictures (I'm still deciding if I regret that or not :)) because I was having way to much fun participating!! Nevertheless, I hope that it gives you a sampling of what it was like :-)

A typical day somewhat went like this:
 Mom, Macy and I would get up around 6:30-6:45 am for a run or walk on the beach with the sunrise (which was so amazing!). Bible followed around 8-8:30 am. Dad had brought Bible quizzes for all of us, so after we read the portion for that day, we would take the quiz and then go back over it with the answers. It made for some great discussions! After Bible, Dad would confer with the other men on timing and then make out a schedule for the day. We would hit the beach for a science lesson and then one or two activities. Coming back to our campsite for lunch, we would take a breather and put some littles down for a short nap before going back out on the beach and tackling some more activities that Dad had for us. We would come back to the campground around 4 or 5 pm, allowing enough time to eat and clean up before it got really dark. Evenings were spent around the campfire and every night we did something different whether it be brain teasers, campfire games, singing, s'mores, or just chatting. We usually broke up around 9:30-10 pm to go to bed. Thus would end our day.

Comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, and always welcome your insight, thoughts, and encouragement! :)

If you are a commenter (anonymous or otherwise) leaving what I deem to be an instigating, incorrect, or controversial comment, please know that I may or may not publish that comment. Thank you for understanding.

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." [Psalm 19:14]