OSCO Recital/Concert

September 9 marked a special day because it was recital and concert day! Sunday afternoon we headed over to the church to practice and warm-up. The first half of the evening was classical recital pieces. Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Elgar and Seitz are some of the many composers whose music filled the air. 


Part of the orchestra before the program started. 


I performed J.S. Bach's Partita III prelude. 


Macy playing a Seitz concerto.


Some friends playing Ode to Joy.


Haley playing the beautiful Salut d'Amour.

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

After a short break, we came back refreshed and ready to start fiddlin'!  With a combination of Celtic and fiddle tunes, hymns, and even a waltz, the second half was by far my favorite :)


Corem Deo performing A Mighty Fortress.


We are playing Celtic Praise here.



Singing/playing What A Friend....definitely our favorite song to perform!


Macy brought the house down with the Orange Blossom Special ! She got a standing ovation - it was incredible! Even though this picture is blurry I like it because it captures a little of what it was like :)


Here we are playing/singing, our ending song; I'll Fly Away
That concluded our wonderful evening!
._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

Special thanks to Jeremy and Chase for taking pictures!

Comments

  1. You all did an AMAZING job that night! I really enjoyed it! Keep it up.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macy you did the best job in the world!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, and always welcome your insight, thoughts, and encouragement! :)

If you are a commenter (anonymous or otherwise) leaving what I deem to be an instigating, incorrect, or controversial comment, please know that I may or may not publish that comment. Thank you for understanding.

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." [Psalm 19:14]