Solar Eclipse

    As many of you may know, yesterday evening there was a partial solar eclipse.  It was the first central eclipse of the 21st century in the continental USA, and also the first annular eclipse here since the solar eclipse of May 10, 1994 which was also the previous eclipse of this series Solar Saros 128It was part of Saros cycle 128, which is repeated every 18 years, 11 days. 
  I had known that it was coming up but forgot that it was supposed to be yesterday! Chase and I were outside barbecuing, when it surprisingly seemed like it was getting darker even though it was only around 5pm. Suddenly I remembered....the solar eclipse! After getting my camera, I proceeded to take pictures of the whole eclipse. It was truly amazing! Since my camera (Nikon D5100) has a flip-out screen, I was able to take pictures without looking directly at the sun which was a huge blessing! 



The beginning......



This is as far as it got for us.

The heavens truly declare the glory of God and the firmament above proclaims His handiwork! 

Comments

  1. Wow! I completely forgot about that eclipse! Great job capturing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool that you got to see it!
    ~Aidyl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Holly!! Nikons are amazing!! ;-) how did you end up getting the outsides of the picture dark like that? what setting where you shooting in?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, and always welcome your insight, thoughts, and encouragement! :)

If you are a commenter (anonymous or otherwise) leaving what I deem to be an instigating, incorrect, or controversial comment, please know that I may or may not publish that comment. Thank you for understanding.

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." [Psalm 19:14]