He Leadeth Me

He leadeth me, O blessed thought!
O words with heav'nly comfort fraught!
Whate'er I do, where'er I be
Still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me.


 Sometimes 'mid scenes of deepest gloom,
Sometimes where Eden's bowers bloom,
By waters still, o'er troubled sea,
Still 'tis His hand that leadeth me.


 Lord, I would place my hand in Thine,
Nor ever murmur nor repine;
Content, whatever lot I see,
Since 'tis my God that leadeth me.


And when my task on earth is done,
When by Thy grace the vic'try's won,
E'en death's cold wave I will not flee,
Since God through Jordan leadeth me.



He Leadeth Me - Joseph Gilmore
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How true the words of this old hymn are - He doth lead us! As Psalm 23 affirms, 'even though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we will fear no evil; for He is with us.'  May we always look to and 'acknowledge Him and He shall direct our paths.'


Comments

  1. How neat! You and I published very similar posts only an hour apart!!! Great minds think alike...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this song!!!:) Wonderful pictures!:)
    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, and always welcome your insight, thoughts, and encouragement! :)

If you are a commenter (anonymous or otherwise) leaving what I deem to be an instigating, incorrect, or controversial comment, please know that I may or may not publish that comment. Thank you for understanding.

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." [Psalm 19:14]